Aug 1, 2012
LB Transit Service Changes: Effective Aug 26, 2012
Long Beach Transit is making a few key changes to their service routes. Look for these changes starting on August 26, 2012.
Check out the updated service route maps below:Passport (formerly The Passport C)
- In accordance with statewide emission regulations, LB Transit will be retiring the red diesel shuttle buses that currently serve Passport routes.
- At the same time, LB Transit will introduce larger, quieter and cleaner CNG buses for a less-crowded, “greener” ride. These will complement similar-sized Hybrid buses.
- The new fleet will be more welcoming to all customers, including riders with bikes, walkers, carts and wheelchairs.
- The new fleet will all have front and rear doors for more convenient passenger boarding.
- Some routes will be changing slightly to safely accommodate the larger buses.
- Free Passport service will continue with Route C, which will become the “Passport” route providing free transportation to local Downtown attractions, restaurants, hotels and businesses.
- Buses currently serving Passport Routes A, B and D will be streamlined into LB Transit’s numbered bus route system, and all standard fares will apply through the entire routes, including Downtown.
- Service to Seal Beach on LB Transit will be made through connections with Orange County Transportation Authority.
151 (formerly Passport B)121 (formerly Passports A & D), 131, 171
Long Beach Health Guru Launches 'Keep LBC Fit' Campaign in DTLB Beginning with Photography Contest
Apr 12, 2015
It is not an easy endeavor, getting a community to rear its head from unhealthy habits and behaviors...Read More
Pine Avenue Improvement Project
Oct 31, 2014
For up to date information & access to all notices visit our Pine Avenue Improvement page.
5 DTLB Joints to Get Your Shamrock On
Mar 16, 2015
Whether you’re in it for the green beer, happen to actually be Irish, or simply enjoy pseudo-holiday...Read More
On Display in DTLB: 'The Ten' Features Portraits of Long Beach Leaders
Mar 15, 2015
Only a Long Beach artist like Gregory Dane Sabin can turn well-known faces into art—literally. His ...Read More
Welcome DTLB's Newest Parade: The Irish for a Day Parade
Mar 13, 2015
The rich history of Irish immigrants and American public safety starts in the 1800s, when 2 million ...Read More
Full Restaurant Lineup and Menus Announced for Taste of Downtown in the East Village
Mar 12, 2015
The 2015 launch of the Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA)’s culinary series dedicated to all thin...Read More