Aug 1, 2012
LB Transit Service Changes: Effective Aug 26, 2012
Long Beach Transit is making a few key changes to their service routes. Look for these changes starting on August 26, 2012.
Check out the updated service route maps below:Passport (formerly The Passport C)
- In accordance with statewide emission regulations, LB Transit will be retiring the red diesel shuttle buses that currently serve Passport routes.
- At the same time, LB Transit will introduce larger, quieter and cleaner CNG buses for a less-crowded, “greener” ride. These will complement similar-sized Hybrid buses.
- The new fleet will be more welcoming to all customers, including riders with bikes, walkers, carts and wheelchairs.
- The new fleet will all have front and rear doors for more convenient passenger boarding.
- Some routes will be changing slightly to safely accommodate the larger buses.
- Free Passport service will continue with Route C, which will become the “Passport” route providing free transportation to local Downtown attractions, restaurants, hotels and businesses.
- Buses currently serving Passport Routes A, B and D will be streamlined into LB Transit’s numbered bus route system, and all standard fares will apply through the entire routes, including Downtown.
- Service to Seal Beach on LB Transit will be made through connections with Orange County Transportation Authority.
151 (formerly Passport B)121 (formerly Passports A & D), 131, 171
5 DTLB Joints to Get Your Shamrock On
Mar 16, 2015
Whether you’re in it for the green beer, happen to actually be Irish, or simply enjoy pseudo-holiday...Read More
On Display in DTLB: 'The Ten' Features Portraits of Long Beach Leaders
Mar 15, 2015
Only a Long Beach artist like Gregory Dane Sabin can turn well-known faces into art—literally. His ...Read More
Welcome DTLB's Newest Parade: The Irish for a Day Parade
Mar 13, 2015
The rich history of Irish immigrants and American public safety starts in the 1800s, when 2 million ...Read More
Full Restaurant Lineup and Menus Announced for Taste of Downtown in the East Village
Mar 12, 2015
The 2015 launch of the Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA)’s culinary series dedicated to all thin...Read More
A View From the Top: A Peek Inside the Edison Lofts in DTLB
Feb 26, 2015
We have your first look into the renovation of the Edison Building in DTLB as it transforms from an ...Read More
Where Do You See DTLB Going?
Feb 3, 2015
We are humbly looking toward you, our stakeholders, to offer up what you feel DTLB needs and how we ...Read More