Aug 1, 2012
LB Transit Service Changes: Effective Aug 26, 2012
Long Beach Transit is making a few key changes to their service routes. Look for these changes starting on August 26, 2012.
Check out the updated service route maps below:Passport (formerly The Passport C)
- In accordance with statewide emission regulations, LB Transit will be retiring the red diesel shuttle buses that currently serve Passport routes.
- At the same time, LB Transit will introduce larger, quieter and cleaner CNG buses for a less-crowded, “greener” ride. These will complement similar-sized Hybrid buses.
- The new fleet will be more welcoming to all customers, including riders with bikes, walkers, carts and wheelchairs.
- The new fleet will all have front and rear doors for more convenient passenger boarding.
- Some routes will be changing slightly to safely accommodate the larger buses.
- Free Passport service will continue with Route C, which will become the “Passport” route providing free transportation to local Downtown attractions, restaurants, hotels and businesses.
- Buses currently serving Passport Routes A, B and D will be streamlined into LB Transit’s numbered bus route system, and all standard fares will apply through the entire routes, including Downtown.
- Service to Seal Beach on LB Transit will be made through connections with Orange County Transportation Authority.
151 (formerly Passport B)121 (formerly Passports A & D), 131, 171
DTLB Event Modeled After Famed Bull Run Set to Pit Derby Girls and Runners Against One Another
May 20, 2015
Call 'em crazy: the women who make derby a reality in Long Beach want you to join a stampede of roll...Read More
Long Beach Health Guru Launches 'Keep LBC Fit' Campaign in DTLB Beginning with Photography Contest
Apr 12, 2015
It is not an easy endeavor, getting a community to rear its head from unhealthy habits and behaviors...Read More
Pine Avenue Improvement Project
Oct 31, 2014
For up to date information & access to all notices visit our Pine Avenue Improvement page.
5 DTLB Joints to Get Your Shamrock On
Mar 16, 2015
Whether you’re in it for the green beer, happen to actually be Irish, or simply enjoy pseudo-holiday...Read More
On Display in DTLB: 'The Ten' Features Portraits of Long Beach Leaders
Mar 15, 2015
Only a Long Beach artist like Gregory Dane Sabin can turn well-known faces into art—literally. His ...Read More
Welcome DTLB's Newest Parade: The Irish for a Day Parade
Mar 13, 2015
The rich history of Irish immigrants and American public safety starts in the 1800s, when 2 million ...Read More