Downtown Long Beach will host a massive celebration this New Year’s Eve with two incredible events beginning at 5 p.m. Just announced: live music at the Pine Avenue Celebration will feature Long Beach Rock'n'Roll Band Rival Sons, and eight piece Southern California band The Mowgli's.
Produced and sponsored by the Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA), New Year’s Eve in Downtown will begin with a family-friendly event in the Waterfront Amphitheater at Rainbow Harbor followed by a high-energy street party on Pine Avenue. Family-Friendly Waterfront Celebration (Free)
Beginning at 5 p.m., Downtown’s waterfront amphitheatre will come alive with a flurry of activities. Live bands The Lonely Hearts Club Band
and Yacht Rock Revue
will energize the crowds. And children's activities including face painting, balloon artists and a trackless train will keep the whole family entertained. At 9 p.m., the sky will light up for an East Coast countdown with a ten minute fireworks spectacular from Rainbow Harbor’s lighthouse peninsula, sponsored by Gladstones Long Beach. Don’t miss the final hour of live music as families welcome the New Year together. Pine Avenue Celebration
Kicking off at 8 p.m., this year’s Pine Avenue event will encompass two-square city blocks for a massive outdoor celebration featuring three stages of live entertainment. Eight outdoor bar areas will serve up a variety of spirits, allowing guests to enjoy food and beverages throughout the venue without missing a minute of live music. As midnight strikes a festive countdown celebration will bring in 2014 in style! Pine Avenue Celebration will feature two headlining bands- Long Beach Rock'n'Roll band Rival Sons and eight piece Southern California band, The Mowgli's who are both selling out concerts across the nation and beyond. Two additional stages, The Federal Bar Stage featuring The Knitts and Dekades and the AMP Stage featuring DJ Bizzy and Klue will make for an action packed night. The Mowgli's will take the stage at 9:15pm, and the Rival Sons at 11pm.
The Pine Avenue Celebration is located at intersection of Pine Avenue & Broadway Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Prices are $15 in advance, or will be available at the event for $20 each.ONLINE SALES HAVE NOW CLOSED. TICKET PURCHASE IS AVAILABLE IN-PERSON ONLY.TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED AT THE TICKET BOOTH ON PINE AVE by 1st Street Across from George's Greek Cafe beginning at 2pm. They are $15 each until 8pm. You can also pick up your WILL CALL tickets at that location.
- Before the event, Will Call tickets can be picked up at the Ticket Booth tent on Pine Avenue at 1st Street on New Year's Eve, December 31 beginning at 2pm. To avoid long lines, it is advisable to pick up your tickets prior to 8pm. Discounted tickets can be purchased for $15 at the event Ticket Booth tent located at Pine Avenue at 1st Street.
- After 8pm $20 Tickets/Will Call/Reservation entry to the event will be available at the North, South, and East ends of the event (3rd St. and Pine Ave., Broadway and Pine Ave., 1st St. and Pine Ave.).
- There is no age restriction on the event, however we do not advise bringing children.
For any questions please contact the DLBA at 562-436-4259
. There are no refunds.View Restaurant Dining PackagesPARKING and TRANSPORTATION
- Attendees may find parking for our NYE event at Downtown Long Beach Parking
- Yellow Cabs will be queued at Pine Avenue and 1st Street
- Long Beach Transit will be offering free rides from 5:00pm - 2:30am.